Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November 26, 2007

Today the weather finally changed from gray skies with a low of 28 to a high of around 35, to about 40 and raining with gray skies. At least it was a change. Other than that the day started much like all the others. We went to the orphanage around 13:00 but today we took the bus, it is much cheaper and turned out not to be too bad. We had to take one bus in town that took us to the place where the bus for Matvivka left from. The bus actually dropped us off and picked us up at the front gate of the orphanage. The only bad part was the ride back home. I was around 16:00 and the bus was very crowded. Other than that it was a good experience and I think we will do this again.

When we got to the orphanage we found the day not to be as good as it had started. The kids were upset about some things and our normal interpreter Denis was not with us so we could not find out exactly what the problem was so we left after a couple of hours not feeling very good. Hopefully it is just some anxiety on the kid’s part and we can work it out tomorrow. I can’t imagine having a couple you don’t know coming to see you and telling you that after a few weeks they are going to take you thousands of miles from your life and you will not even be able to communicate very well. It would scare me to death. The thought of taking two children home with me that I know very little about scares me to dearh, but I know that it is God’s plan for my life. I have been studying Ephesians while I have been here and I realize that I must walk close to God and discover how he can be glorified before I can hear his instructions on what I should do.

As a lot of you know this trip has not gone at all how I had planed. The biggest lesion I have learned through this journey is that this is not mine but his. I came her to adopt 4 children, 2 of whom I had never meet and take them home to raise up in God’s teaching. As it turns out I will adopt only 2 of the children and it will not be the 2 I had not meet before. Of all the scenarios I had played out in my head before we left this was not one I even thought of. Even with all these differences in the way things are going I am very comfortable in the way I fell and that is only possible because I turned everything over to God to handle. I am just along for the ride (and to pay the grivnas) to fulfill His plan. The excitement I fell of knowing that I don’t have to worry about the details is an experience I can not describe, but I recommend to everyone. Actually if you would like to experience this feeling there are a lot of kids here who would love to give you the chance to feel God’s love through them. I guess I have rambled on enough but I just felt it was time for me to writhe some things on how I feel. Kim and I thank you for your continued prayers and we can’t wait to get home and share these wonderful kids with you all.

Bobby

P.S. early this mornig we got our court date. it is Friday November 30, 2007 at 10:00. Please pray that everything will go smoothly.

6 comments:

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

Bobby and Kim,
Congratulations on your court date and we will continue to pray for you guys!

Brockfamily said...

Good word Bobby! Give Kim a big hug for me! Love you guys. Our small group Christmas Party is Sunday at the Thompsons. We will sip some cider for ya'll and be missing you much! - Joan

Shelley said...

Hi Mom and Dad!

Bunko was fun tonight! I missed you! The soup, salad and Tiramisu was delicious! I wish you were there! I am so happy you received your court date. Only 2 more days.

Love you and miss you!
Shelley

terri garver said...

Wonderful news! I think yall will be home before Christmas and we can celebrate together. Hot wings just isn't the same without you here Kim.

brennan said...

Hi Kim and Bobby, am glad to hear you have a court date. We miss you. Hang in there. Love you Amy

Hall family said...

We will be praying and will count on God to continue His perfect plan for your family. Congrats on getting the court date. --Randy, Valerie and the Hall kids