Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November 13, 2007

It is about 9:30 pm here and we are sitting in our room enjoying the West’s daughter Danay as she plays with here baby doll. It is something I need after the rough day we had. Today was our appointment at the SDA, the first step in going to the orphanage to get our children. At the appointment we were informed that according to there records one of the children we want to adopt is not registered or available for adoption, one would not be available until March and that we could go now and get the other two. We had thought that all four of our children were registered and available for adoption but you never know until you go for your appointment. As I fought back my tears the lady at the SDA asked us what we wanted to do. She was just doing here job but she was asking us to make this decision that would change many lives in about five minutes. We asked if we could think about it over night and they graciously gave us until tomorrow to decide. We know that God brought us here for a reason. We just need him to make it clear to us what to do to ensure that his will be done, and we need it by tomorrow. Do we go and get two and possibly come back and get the others or do we wait until they all are available, (which could be never)? Because they are all in the same orphanage it would mean that we go there and have to tell two of the children we can’t take them. I am sorry I am going around in circles but that is what is going on in my head. Please pray that God will show us the way. We will update everyone tomorrow.

Kim and Bobby.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Just remember that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that Jesus can't take care of! He has a purpose for this journey and ONLY He has the ability to see and understand the "big picture." Trust that He will take care of you and your children. He has NEVER made the wrong choice!
Love both of you and are praying for you today,
Andrea

Brockfamily said...

My heart is breaking with this sad news. I am praying for you both and for the children. We love you! Joan

Shelley said...

Hi Mom and Dad,

I love you and miss you. I'm so sad about your disappointing news. I know you will make the right decision. I will be praying for you today. I love the picture of you both in the snow!!! Burr!!

Love,
Shelley

BKE said...

I am just heartbroken for you... Shane and I are praying for both of you. I know that it is hard to see the big picture, and that there are lots of tough decisions to be made - but trust that God is working all this out for the good. Jer 29:11. Take Care, and know that lots of people are praying for you... Brandi

Chris G. said...

We are praying that God will work out all the details for His glory. With Him, nothing is as it seems (remember the commercial illustration from Chris N.-"it looks like this, but its really THIS"?) God knows what is best for you and your children. If it is His will that they all come home this time, He will work it out. If it is His will that only 2 come home with you for now, then He is working for your good and the children(Rom.8:28) Please read Romans 8:12-37 I think the Spirit will comfort and encourage you with these words. We love you and pray that God will protect the hearts of all involved.
Love,
Gina

Ande and Paula Underwood said...

We don't really know what to say except that we are praying for you guys. Our hearts were really saddened with the news you received. We believe that God will take care of everything in His own timing and way. We hope to see you soon.

Ande, Paula, and the rest

Kim said...

Hope you are enjoying your time at Matveevka. I was so excited to hear that 2 said "yes" to America. Hopefully, the director will figure out why the paperwork is not showing up on 1.

Kim and Bobby, I know that you are right in the center of God's will. I pray that you will enjoy every moment of being totally dependent on Him.

We'll miss you tomorrow!

Can't wait until you're back home.

We are praying for you guys and all the kids involved.

Stan Davey said...

Bobby and Kim, We missed you Thanksgiving. It would have been nice to have someone else to have orders given to. I will be traveling tomorrow (Monday) for training all week. Will kept you in our prayers this week. I know every thing will go well.
Stan Sheila & Mark