Thursday, December 13, 2007

December 12, 2007

Today has been a very emotional day. The kids and I returned to the orphanage for the last time to have a going away party for Kevin and Katie's class and to say good buy. I also had to say good buy to Sasha and Yulia. It was a very sad day to have to say good buy to the children I came here to adopt but I know that it is all in God's hands and he knows what is best for us and them. I am excited to report that we will be leaving zap tomorrow to return to Kiev to begin the road home. Kiev is a very modern city and has a lot more to offer to pass the time until we can come home. As it looks now we will probable be returning home next Wednesday or Thursday.

While we were at the orphange today we found out that 2 girls in Kevin & Katie's class hade two familys her to adopt them at the same time. On family is from Indiana and one is from Italy and the girls had to make the decision which on they wanted to go with. I was very interesting to see Katie try to talk them into coming to America. The Italian lady said someting to Katie and Katie proceed to tell her someting in Italian that I am sure was not very nice but it was good to see her take care of herself. The disturbing part is that both of these familys were given a referal on the same day to adopt the same children. I can't imagine the stress put on these girles to have to make this kind of decission in about an hour.

Thanks for everyones support and I hope to see ya'll soon!

Kim

6 comments:

Brockfamily said...

Hey Kim,
We are still following along and look forward to reading your blog each day. We can't wait to spend some with Kevin and Katie - lets go camping when it warms up. We are praying for Y and S. Our hearts go out to all of you and that situation. See you soon!!
Joan and family!

Margaret Jameosn said...

Hi Kim,
Understand Bobby made it home safe and sound. Can't wait till you also return. We will continue to pray for you and the children and especially for the ones left behind, God will protect them. Our love and hurry home.
Margaret

Kim said...

Kim, Our computer has been acting funny and I have not been able to post, but I've been reading all along!

I cannot believe that you're almost home. I know it seems like forever to you...but it seems like it has gone quickly to us.

I can't imagine how hard it was to say goodbye to Yulia and Sasha. But your faith during this time has been amazing to see. Thanks for sharing your journey with the rest of us.

Know that we love you and can't wait to see you at the airport!

Kim

P.S. I think that Terri has given up Edgar's!

Dedy Werk said...

Hi Kim, The journey home has begun--How exciting. We can't wait to see you and meet the kids. I heard that your house is all prepared for Christmas and is beautiful. Kevin and Katie will love it. We are praying for you. Love, the Werk family

brennan said...

Hi Kim, Saw Bobby today at church. We look forward to seeing all of you soon. I talked with Anna about helping you when Katie and Kevin come home and she said she would help you. Hang in there this last week. Love you. Amy

hallfam said...

Great to see Bobby at church...we are continuing to pray and ask God for complete safety for your return and to give clarity and wisdom in every decision. Thank you for offering hope to these children. Love, The Hall Family